Breaking News

Latest Activities

Reviews

A Run For The Economy

The previous year's global economic upheavals left a lot of companies bankrupt, investments hiked down, and many people job less, that includes my wife. My insurance investment for almost four years also went to nothing. I was so frustrated of course, but I can't do anything about it. I'd like to get angry at the Insurance company, but it will do me no good. So when we found PSE's registration booth during the Yes Run 2009, dubbed as "Takbo Para sa Ekonomiya", I thought of maybe I could just run my frustrations out on this running event. It will be much better than to stress myself in chasing for the Insurance company which could not even give me 50% ROI assurance of my investment with them.


 The whole crew

Thus, January 17, 2010, marked my first run for the year, to date, it is also my 2nd best time, and 2nd sub-50 for the 10k distance category. I guess my 2 day interval training in Baguio during my holiday vacation, and our constant practice run at UP Diliman this January did bear fruit. I was also able to apply the things that I learned on my readings about proper form in distance running, and the running form mistake that I realized when I had my gait analyzed last Saturday. It really paid of!


The ever running-addict people.

Overall, the race was magnificently organized, with enough hydration booths, fast race result, and generous give-aways from PSE investors and listed-companies. Sun Life also gave away 20 free life insurance coverage and I wasn't lucky enough to be one of the winners, I guess insurance is not really for me. The only side-comment I could give is the absence of kilometer markers. And I heard that for the 3k category, their route was not thoroughly organized. As for the 10k, they added a few more meters from the original race map, where we did a whole stretch run on the 11th ave. before turning right at the 28th ave. for the finish line.

You may download the 2010 PSE Bull Run race results on the following links below:
3k     5k     10

Race Profile:
Distance: 10 km.
Official Time: 00:49:53
Official Ranking: 89th out of 1,025

Race Info:
When: Jan. 17, 2010.
Where: Fort, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
Event: PSE Bull Run 2010: Takbo Para sa Ekonomiya

11 comments:

  1. Alam mo RunningAtom, promising ang writing prowess mo eh, bigyan mo pa ng kaunting push :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... kumain na nga ako ng peanut-garlic mix pra makatulong eh :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Constant na 'yun? Constant na tawag mo dun? Isang Sabado at isang Biyernes??? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I really wanted to see the KM markers. It would allow me to know if I am running slower or faster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was also actually waiting to see even the last marker (9km) so that I could already burst the remaining distance, which I only did when the finish line was already visible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, markers do help runners. Shall we ran a 3K next year? :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Di ko pa alam eh... siguro pag kinapos na ako sa pera, at gustong-gusto ko na manalo, 3k ang pagpe-pre-parean ko :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wala pa bang race result 'yung Mighty Run?

    ReplyDelete
  9. wala pa rin pong balita, mukhang naidikit nila sa kung saan ung race results :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ano ba 'yan, ang tagal naman ng race result.. Dami ng wala pa.. 'Yung, Run for Ilog Pasig wala pa rin. Tapos ung sa Yes Run ko sabi mo ff up mo hindi naman, hmph!

    ReplyDelete

Share a space of your lane...

Enter your e-mail to receive updates from RunningAtom

Subscribe to RunningAtom

Fitness

Health

The Other Side of my Cerebro

Poetry

Short Story

Technology

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Designed By Blogger Templates