Breaking News

Latest Activities

Reviews

Unilab Running Clinic - Day 2

My appointment last night for the 2nd day of the running clinic have been such a big challenge to me. I can't seem to get my body up and head to Ultra, partly because I am going by myself alone. MinnieRunner was sick, and BanditRunner is still busy with his office projects. Good enough at roughly 6:00 PM, I was suddenly pushed by some energy that fueled and motivated me to run ahead to Ultra.

Long stride

This second day of the Unilab Running Clinic made me sweat a lot than the first day. I have almost gave up at the last round of the last set of our 400-lap workout, good thing I have the encouragement of Coach George of beating my own-time from the previous laps.

Target Mileage: 7.6 kilometers

  1. 2.8 km warm-up run (or 7-laps run at own phase)
    • 5-minutes recovery
  2. Run drills (or Dynamic exercises)
    • knee-to-chest one-leg walk-stretch
    • quadriceps walk-stretch
    • horizontal back-front swing to one-leg balance
    • side bending lunges
    • knee-high run
    • knee-high with back-pedal run
    • side-by-side hips run
    • russian march
    • long strides
  3. Workout run (80%-85% of maximum running speed)
    • 3-sets of 4x400m per lap (1-min recovery each lap & 5-min recovery each set)
  4. Cooldown Stretching, which includes:
    • arm stretch
    • hip stretch
    • knee-to-chest one-leg stretch
    • quadriceps stretch
    • side lunges
    • hip flexor stretch
    • half-lunge stretch
    • full/deep lunge stretch
*Fastest 400m-lap workout: 00:01:34

The workout, though only one type, was so good. With Coach George's motivation of beating my time each lap, I was able to sweat out real hard. Speed and endurance is both developed in this second day of session. Thanks a lot Coach George, and to Sir Jack (of Unilab), it was nice phasing with you on our workout set. :)

After the clinic, the 3k and 5k categories were given a take home workout assignments while 10k will just have their rest for the next day.

Here's the link for the first day and succeeding running clinic sessions:
Day 1
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7

4 comments:

  1. Hu hu hu, namiss ko 'to :( Hindi ba ako hinanap ni Coach George? harharhar..

    ReplyDelete
  2. not even one person looked for you, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sus.. kunwari ka pa, eh ikaw ang naghanap sa akin, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i missed the TBR .. but thanks for the notes!! :) I have to do this though sige info meeeeee

    ReplyDelete

Share a space of your lane...

Enter your e-mail to receive updates from RunningAtom

Subscribe to RunningAtom

Fitness

Health

The Other Side of my Cerebro

Poetry

Short Story

Technology

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Designed By Blogger Templates